Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bike Riding

As you know, Chris was quick to hop on his bike and hit the road.  I on the other hand hadn't been on a bike in close to 30 years, so I was less enthusiastic.  Chris had really been wanting me to ride with him, and I had put it off for a couple of weekends, but finally I was out of excuses.  Chris had discovered that Staffanstorp was a bit bigger than we had first thought, and wanted me to go check out a new grocery store he had recently found.  Saturday morning was nice and sunny, so we saddled up.


The first attempt to get going required a little help, but after some practice and some coaching tips, I was off and going.  I'm not going to say it was pretty, but I didn't fall off or crash into anything, so I call it a win!  We made it to the store and parked our bikes out front.


We spent some time walking around learning the products.  To my surprise I found a brand called Neutral that has unscented lotion, soap, shampoo and conditioner!!  We hit the mother load.


After we bought a few needed items, we headed out for more bike riding.  My bike has a basket, so I took the groceries.  It made for a little more of a challenge, but I managed.  



Outside the grocery there is a field with cleverly planted crocus.  You may have noticed in our other pictures that it still looks like winter here, which it does, but this is a sign that spring may actually be on its way. 



That white building in the back is a restaurant.  They do a Sunday brunch in the garden.  Hopefully when it warms up we can come check it out.  Speaking of restaurants, bike riding builds up quite a hunger, so we stopped for lunch at an Asian restaurant in town.  The sun was so nice, we decided to sit outside.  Chris has been quite pleased with his occasional lunch out here because it always involves some sort of Asian cuisine, from curry to sushi.


Here's a happy Chris!
After lunch we continued riding.  Chris had found a pond that he wants to take Charlie to, so we rode over that way.  Things were going well, we were riding along, and suddenly I heard a pssssssssst.  It seemed curious, and obviously Chris heard it too, because he turned to check on me.  After some inspection, we discovered a flat tire from what appeared to be dry rot.  Oh well, I walked the bike back, it wasn't too far.  Hopefully we can walk it over to the cycle shop and get a new one soon.  Until then I'm on foot.


2 comments:

  1. I love the crocus planting. Looks like a super fun day! I'm so glad you found some products you can use too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bike is HUGE on you! Or under you. Whatever. But you two look positively European biking around. Or Scandinavian. Whatever.

    Looks like you're having a delicious time in Swede land. I can't wait to visit.

    ReplyDelete