Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

41???

Yesterday was my birthday! I decided I wanted to feel fancy, so I dressed up. I even wore heels, ok not while walking to and from work; I changed shoes when I got there.


The celebrating actually started the night before. The neighbors, Burt and Kerstin,  bought me some apple pastries in a city well known for apples, and their daughter and her husband, Christine and Magnus came over for fika with the pastries and a gift of their own as well. I was slow to take pics.

While I was waiting for the bus I got a text from Chris saying a package had arrived. We had put in some US requests and sister Sara was kind enough to oblige. Thanks Sara!




The morning at work started with a gift basket! The card said it was from science colleagues but I suspect it was all Pascale. It was lovely!



I had requested soup for dinner and Chris delivered. He made a shrimp bisque that was to die for! We each ate two bowls.


I also got a lot of Happy Birthday wishes from friends and family back home (and in Australia). Those were super important and helped me through my first birthday abroad!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got the package and had such a good birthday! I'm jealous that I didn't get to try the shrimp bisque, I bet it was delicious! Love you sis! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Michelle!! You look fabulous in your heels and tailored blazer! You are all tucked in to bed right now otherwise we'd skype to you sing you a rousing rendition of happy birthday! big hugs and lots of love to you! That soup maker guy is a keeper! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked so fab for your bday! And Tyler looked good too. =)

    Glad you had such a good birthday! We were sending you bday wishes and happy vibes!

    ReplyDelete