Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Closing the pool

Since there's no hope of swimming anymore and our guests have come and gone, we decided it was time to put the winter cover on the pool. It's no easy task! The winter cover is made to withstand 2 meters of snow.

First things first, the summer cover needed to be cleaned and drained of rain water

Charlie was not thrilled about seeing the pool go. He never gets in the water, even though he loves to swim. He's just a big scary cat when it comes to jumping into water. If we built him a ramp, he'd be fine. He still likes to hang his head over the side and dream.

 

The winter cover is made of sheets of metal siding, and the shed out back was made just it fit them. The only not so smart thing about the she'd is that the sheets are wider than the door, so they have to be turned to the side to fit through. This makes it extra tough.

 

There was some doubt that I'd be able to help because of the weight, but Chris had faith in me, and I can never back down from a challenge. It took us all day, and Charlie helped very step of the way.

 

 

We would carry three or four pieces at a time and then rest. At about the 3/4 way point, I thought I wasn't going to make it and Charlie commiserated with me.

In the end, we got the cover out and screwed down, and we packed all the summer furniture up for the winter. We were super lucky to have sun all day this day. I think it was the last week in October when we got it covered, and I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the sun since =)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment