Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Anniversary Dinner

It is sooooo expensive to eat out here that Chris and I had not been out to dinner, yet.  June 5 was our 4 year anniversary and the start to a 4 day weekend.  We struggled with whether or not it was worth paying $100+ just for dinner and of course the answer was NO!  But we did feel a bit obligated to celebrate, so we decided on tapas.  Chris had discovered a place a few weeks prior that looked interesting.  We agreed we would have a few tapas, and then head home for a sandwich if we were still hungry.

Here we are at the bus stop ready to go!


Chris was wearing his fancy shoes.  You may also notice the very European black jeans with cuffs.  Oh yeah, we fit in.



That's right ladies, I decided it was time to wear heels.  There are a lot of challenges.  Not having a car means only walking, and cobblestone means Chris is ready at any minute to carry me to the hospital =)


It was cold that night, which is why the first picture was with my coat on, but I had dressed up, so I demanded a picture without my coat.  I was chattering the whole time!


The restaurant was in Lund near the hotel we stayed in during the interview so it was easy to find.
It was very quaint and quite cute!



We decided to get the deal, which was 4 tapas for $30.  We got two charcuterie plates, calamari, and fish stew.  It was excellent food, and well worth it.



In the end, we didn't need snacks when we got home, my ankle didn't get broken, and we were happy we went!

3 comments:

  1. You all are looking so European! I love it!!!

    Happy belated anniversary. I'm glad you decided to go out & celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Everetts! You guys look pretty posh and i love that you were sort of color coordinated on your big hot swedish date night! Your shivering comment made me laugh:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Side note: you guys are doing GREAT with photos!!! :) *so proud* xo

    ReplyDelete