Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Science Day

The neutron directorate at ESS had a "Science Day" where we took a short trip to the countryside and talked about science.  There were about 30 of us who presented and about 40 in attendance.  The task was to give an 8 minute talk and leave 2 minutes for discussion.  I think the plan was a bit aggressive, and not hardly possible for most scientists.  I know when I had finished, I felt like I had sprinted through it!

It was the first day I had dared to leave the house without socks.


They hired a bus, which dropped us off and we walked up to the venue.  It was a beautiful walk.


It was a spa retreat named "The Lodge" with the tagline "...an American getaway"  I'm not sure what was American about it, but it had a great deck with a fantastic view where we took fika.




Michela is enjoying some sun!  She is Italian, but has probably lived in Sweden as long as she did in Italy by now.
For the afternoon break they had these snacks set out for us.  The little glass jars had lemon mousse in them.  It was to die for.  I ate two!


It was a lovely place, that I could see visiting again.  If you have to spend 8 hours listening to science talks, might as well enjoy it in style!


No comments:

Post a Comment