Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Graduation Part 2

Here are a couple of other fun pictures from our graduation visit.  These were on my phone, so Chris didn't have a chance to add them.

This is Sunspot.  I insisted we sit out on a patio somewhere before it was time to walk across the stage.  I had to get in sun when I could!



This is Carla.  She "runs" the Materials Science Department.  She certainly kept me in line and looking good.  


This is my group, Claudia in the middle, and Sabina on the end.  Sabina started very shortly after I did. We studied together and graduated together, and became good friends along the way.  I believe she is back in Nigeria now.  When I first met her I told her I'd come visit her one day, so look out Sabina, I'll be headed to Africa!  Claudia was, of course my advisor.  She got me through those 5 years smashingly!  I'm lucky to have had such a caring and dedicated advisor, who is now a very good friend.  I imagine we'll se her and her family in Sweden one day!


Jared and I studied together when he was an undergrad.  Now here we are!
I'm glad I went back for my hooding.  Not only because I missed TN, but it was an experience I'll not forget.  All that hard work felt worth it to have my family and my best friends (both in the audience and watching from the other side of the world) share such a rare moment with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment